Baby C is growing up at an astronomical rate. He is talking more and more clearly by the day. He is getting more ambitious by the day. His sense of humor is getting more and more expansive by the day.
This past weekend was my weekend with the boys. It was an eventful weekend and started before I even left work on Friday. Baby C stays with my mom during the day now since she’s retired. My mom keeps a candy dish full of lemon drops on her hutch in the dining room, and Baby C has taken a liking to them. So much so that he attempts to get them himself.
So Friday afternoon he was getting some lemon drops when he pulled the entire dish off of the shelf and it came crashing down on his right eye. My poor baby’s eye swelled up so big and so fast that his skin split and he was bleeding copiously. My mom called me at work to tell me and I ended up leaving about a half an hour earlier than I normally would. She took Baby C to the doctor and they were either not busy or made him a priority because I was barely halfway home when she called me to tell me he had already been seen and that his eye was fine and that he’d have a gleaming shiner for a few days.
Baby C was in rare form this weekend, though. Man that kid sure knows how to make me laugh. Here are a few things he did this past weekend that made me bark out some much-needed laughter.
- Whenever he has taken a dump in his diaper he points to his ass and says, “My change a poop?” Sooooo, it’s time to start potty training.
- Just this morning he spilled a bunch of chocolate milk all over the couch leaving a huge wet spot on the couch from where we had clean it up. He was pointing at it and saying, “Couch?” I told him that, yes, it’s a couch, but a dirty couch. I then asked him whose fault that was. He tapped Baby A on the arm and said, “Bubby.”
- After his bath last night I put Baby C on the changing table to get him dressed and he pointed at his ass with both index fingers as I’m getting his diaper ready and says, “It goes right here, Daddy!” He’s ever so helpful.
- Revis, his wife, and Baby E came over to visit. When they knocked on the front door, Baby C threw his hands up in the air and said, “Who could it be?”
- We went to Golden Corral for breakfast Sunday and they were playing some sort of dance music over the speakers. I looked over and noticed he was kinda shaking his head to the beat of the music, so I told him to shake his booty. My little man then dropped it like it was hot right in his seat. Oh, he also ate like a pound of bacon. That boy doesn’t eat much, but he’ll kill some bacon.
I just had the best weekend I’ve had in a long time, despite the way it started. My kids make me happy.