My new English BFFL (I’ve decided to have one for every continent – filling the one for Antarctica is gonna be tough) Lizzi implored me to try this blog hop she helps host. The blog hop is Ten Things of Thankful, which is a weekly blog hop in which the participants list ten things each weekend for which they are thankful, obviously. I was dubical (that’s skeptical AND dubious at the same time) when she suggested I try this because, as you all know, I’m a completely positive person with an outlook consisting of sunshine, baby laughter, and blooming flowers.
*pauses for laughter*
Okay, now that you’ve all had a good chuckle…fuck you. Anyhow, I was suffering some extreme Twitter abuse from Lizzi until I caved, as you can see for yourself…
No pressure, right? Geezass.
Anyhow, I decided to give this thing a whirl. In preparation, I decided to enhance my thinking ability by introducing alcohol into my system. (Well, it wasn’t so much an introduction as it was a reacquaintance.) That ought to help me come up with…how many things do I have to be thankful for? 10? Shit. I hope I make it through this.
Without further ado (ado me baby, ado me baby…ado the humpty hump), here is my inaugural list of Ten Things of Thankful…
3. My mother, who, despite not being in the best financial position to do so, watches Baby C for nothing because she knows I can’t afford to pay her.
4. Music, because it keeps me going when I think I’ve gone as far as I can.
5. Good friends who make me laugh and listen to me bitch when life has pushed me beyond the threshold of what I can take.
6. BFFL’s on other continents. There are still open BFFL spots available for South America, Asia, and Africa. I’ve given up hope for Antarctica.
7. Twitter, cause y’all fuckers make me laugh over there.
8. Books, because they keep me entertained.
9. Video games, because fun.
10. Forgiveness. I make mistakes. A lot of them. Some people have chosen to forgive me for those slights and I appreciate that immensely.
Whew! I don’t know if I can do this on a weekly basis, but I’ll try.