Ack! I almost forgot about this new bloggy endeavor I had taken. So here it is, 3:30 on Sunday afternoon, and I’m just now remembering that I have to be thankful.
Not only do I have to be thankful, I have to be thankful for 10 whole things. That’s a whole lot of thankfulness. I hope I can do it. Let’s get to it, shall we?
- I’m thankful to have my car back. Even though the repairs set me back about $700, I’m just now getting confident in driving it again after having the initial repairs failed me on a state highway. I spent most of last week driving scared, wondering when the shaft would pop out of the transmission again, leaving me stranded in the middle of the road. That didn’t happen, so thank gawd for that.
- Earlier this week I wrote a poem while in one of my foul, depression induced shitty moods. You know, one of those moods where I feel like everyone hates me and I don’t care about anything. I turned off the comments on said poem because I didn’t want the pep talks or the everything-will-be-alrights. Many of you reached out to me anyhow, via email, Twitter, and Facebook to let me know you were there. Though that was the last thing I wanted, it did make me feel good to know so many people cared. I got the warm and fuzzies, and stuph.
- I’m thankful I can still take the twins in a game of 21. The weather has been fantastic this weekend, and earlier today the boys and I went to the park. Even though I hadn’t played basketball in a long while, I still took them to school, despite Baby C blatantly pointing out all my gray hair last night.
- I’m thankful for this delicious cup of coffeh I’m sipping on. Coffeh!
- I’m thankful for propane grills. Last night I grilled up some burgers for the boys and I to enjoy. Yummeh!
- I’m thankful for naps. Baby C is currently taking one which is the only reason I have the time to write this post up. He was tired and cranky after our excursion to the park earlier.
- I’m thankful for my job. Sure, I barely make enough to scrape by, but I lost one of my coworkers this week. His position was no longer needed on our project, and his last day was Friday. I’m thankful I’m able to stay on.
- I’m thankful for air conditioning. After all that basketball earlier it was like an answered prayer to have arctic air assaulting me through the vents in the dash.
- I’m thankful to have found a new video game to get into. Lord of the Rings: War in the North is pretty cool so far.
- I’m thankful to have found things to be thankful for. And yes, that counts.
Woohoo!! I made it to ten again! I got stuck after 8 and didn’t think I’d finish. Phew!