I’m extremely behind on my gratitude posts. I haven’t done one since week 48 and this is week 51. I actually didn’t really feel up to making this post because a certain British friend of mine somehow spread her cold to me across the expanse of the Atlantic Ocean. But then she added me to the Ten Things of Thankful FB group this morning and pretty much guilted me into this post. She’s such a bully…
Anyhow, I don’t have the wits right now to fluff this post up because Advil Cold and Sinus is kicking my ass, so I’ll just get right to my list…
- Baby C spent the week at Virginia Beach with his mother. He had a swell time, but I missed him terribly. He came home last night and he’s been nonstop since he got here. At some point in the past week he learned how to call the play-by-play while I’m driving. “Daddy! That’s a red light! That means stop! Daddy! That’s a green light! That means go! Where’s that lady going? That car is in the way!” Well, he kept the ride entertaining, at least.
- I’m grateful for Advil Cold and Sinus. It may make me drowsy, but it sure kicks the shit outta my cold symptoms.
- The 70th anniversary of the Allies’ invasion of Normandy has reminded me I’m eternally grateful for all of the brave soldiers who fight to protect us.
- Somebody broke into my mother’s apartment yesterday and stole her purse. While I’m obviously pissed off that someone violated the sanctity of her home, I’m relieved that she was not hurt.
- Monday night I watched the twins receive promotion certificates for completing middle school. They are now high school freshman. I’m grateful they have been relatively easy to raise, and that they do so well in school. I rarely have to help them with their school work and they always bring home A’s and B’s on their report cards.
- I’m thankful for Southern Comfort. No explanation necessary, I hope.
- I’m thankful for air conditioning. It’s hot as hell outside. Okay, not really, but hot enough for me. If it could just be winter all year long I’d be happy with that.
- I’m thankful for my grill. If there’s one thing I do like about summer it’s cooking on the grill. It’s convenient, so there’s not much to clean up afterwards, and stuph just taste better cooked over a fire.
- I’m thankful for Lego video games. They are surprisingly fun, and always hilarious.
- I’m thankful for all of my bloggy friends. Every single one of you has made a difference in my life in some way or another. Thank you.
Are you thankful? Would you like to hop on the thankful bandwagon? Link up with us and spread the gratitude attitude.