It’s time to take a break from the unfairness and general shittiness of life and reflect on some of the good things. It’s time for gratitude. It’s time to be thankful. I’m hoping I can get to 10, but I’m not going to hold my breath…
- In my last TToT post I mentioned that I was sick. Well, it ended up being a virus called pharyngitis and not a cold. Because it was a virus there was really nothing that could do for me but let it run its course. I’m mostly healthy now. I still have a trace of congestion in my throat, but I’m otherwise back to normal. Well, normal for me.
- I’m thankful for the good times I had this past weekend. Saturday night I ended up going out drinking with some friends (the first time I’d been out in about six months because broke). Sunday (Father’s Day) the kids and I went to visit my father. We ended up going to the park. The twins played basketball with their grandfather while I chased Baby C around the park. A good time was had by all.
- A few weeks ago when I had a very important talk with the twins about respect for women I asked them if they had had sex education in school yet. They said yes so I asked them what they learned they muttered something about abstinence and not much else. So this past Wednesday I sat them down to have another talk. Let me tell you, talking about sex with your children is fucking awkward. At least, for me it is. Anyhow, I explained to them that, yes, abstinence is the only 100% surefire why to avoid STD’s and pregnancy, but I don’t expect them to never have sex. I was perfectly frank and told them that sex, well, feels pretty damned good and that’s why people have sex. Most of the time we adults (or those of us that look like adults, at least) aren’t having sex because we want a child. I told them that despite the nay-saying of their teachers, condoms are the best way to prevent both STD’s and pregnancy. I also told them, again despite what their teachers or church tells them, that having sex before you’re married is not a horrible thing. We spoke of many other things, but my boys were attentive and asked questions, which meant they were listening. I am THANKFUL that they listened.
- I’m thankful for music. Honestly, I wouldn’t make it through my days without it.
- I’m thankful for coffeh.
- I’m still very thankful for Southern Comfort.
Sadly, that’s all the gratuity I can muster this weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!