It’s been…a weekend. As I was getting dressed yesterday morning, Baby B called me and said a pallet fell on his foot at work and that he was in an ambulance on his way to the ER. Logically, I knew he was okay. He was calm and speaking casually. The voices in my head, however, started conjuring the worst. I rushed to the hospital and stayed with him while they reattached his toenail, stitched him up, and told him how to care for his broken toe.
While I was with B, the foster daughter we’ve had for two and a half years was moving out. Luckily she isn’t going far because she’s being adopted by my brother, but she’s still gone.
Twas a shitty day.
This morning I awoke to Baby C puking his guts out.
So much for a relaxing weekend. Namaste…or something…
- Pick one, monopoly or chess? Chess. Monopoly sucks and never ends.
- Pick one, Nike or Adidas? Nike, FTW!
- Pick one, Pepsi or Coca-Cola? Didn’t I answer this before? Pepsi tastes like Coke’s feces.
- Pick one, stripes or Polka dot? No, you can’t make me.
- Pick one, summer or winter? Winter! Let it snow!
- Pick one, texting or phone calls? Texting. Talking to humans sucks.
- Pick one, vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate. Tis the yummy. Then for something almost orgasmic, add peanut butter. You’ll thank me later.
- To what extent do you trust people? I don’t trust anyone, really. Not even myself.
- What about religion has changed for you as you’ve aged? That depends. I haven’t really believed since I was in 7th grade, and that hasn’t changed. However, I’ve become more and more jaded by religion as I’ve gotten older simply because of how judgmental and hypocritical people of religion are. People of any religion.
- What app do you use most? Email, probably.
- What are books on your shelf that are begging to be read? I got rid of my physical books years ago. I read ebooks now.
- What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life? Retail, security guard, fast food, customer service rep, manager, warehouse worker, and IT dude.
- What are some of your bad habits? Drinking, eating too much, cursing, staying up too late, procrastinating…I think that’s enough for now.
- What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Humor, sarcasm, and intelligence.
- What are you reading now? This question….
- What are your best characteristics? I have no clue. It’s not for me to judge.
- What are your best physical features? Idk, I’m fairly strong, I guess.
- What are your favorite things about yourself? I think I’m funny.
- What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? Um, I don’t know.
- What artistic endeavors have you tried & decided you were bad at? All of them.
- What aspect of your life needs tremendous improvement? Um, all of them.
- What book are you reading at the moment? The Stolen Throne.
- What book do you remember as being important to you? I don’t know that any book is important to me, but there are a few that I quite enjoyed. Timeline is my favorite.
- What color is your bedroom carpet? Tan
- What current world events are really troubling to you? All of them…
That’s all the time we have for today, folks. Tell me how you’re doing. Tell me something good. Tell me it’s all going to be okay…
Four Score (but really only two months) Ago…
Interview With a Trooper – Episode IX
Interview With a Trooper – Episode VIII
My Mother’s Shoes
The “Gift” That Keeps On Giving
Interview With a Trooper – Episode VII – The Sarcasm Awakens
Interview With a Trooper – Episode VI – Return of the Sarcasm
Interview With a Trooper – Episode V
Interview With a Trooper – Part 2(+2)