It’s been a bit since I’ve posted an interview segment (because reasons), so I figured I’d get another post on the wall. How’s everyone doing??
- What did you do for your last birthday? Idk, that was 7 months ago. I think the twins came over, we cooked out, and I had some celebratory drinks.
- What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight? Probably Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Either way, I was winning.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? When I was very young, a baseball player. In high school, a teacher. In my 20’s, the best dad possible. In the 30’s…same. Now, in my 40’s, I want to go back to my childhood.
- What do you call carbonated drink called? Call 911! I think the interviewer just had a stroke!
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining? Weird.
- What do you call your grandparents? I never met either of my grandfathers. Well, technically, that’s not true. One died before I was born, the other when I was two months old. So I did meet one of them, but I don’t remember it. Both of my grandmother’s I called grandma. Unoriginal, yes, but still loving.
- What do you consider unforgivable? Cheating, or any other form of betrayal from someone in whom you’ve placed trust.
- What do you dislike about living in your neighborhood? Nothing, so far. I mean, being this close to train tracks is somewhat annoying, but it’s not the end of the world.
- What do you do for a living? I do IT support in a K-12 school corporation.
- What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? I’ll normally either read or put on a movie I’ve seen a million times (like Star Wars) and eventually I’ll pass out.
- What do you do most when you are bored? Um, find something to do that isn’t boring. Duh.
- What do you find yourself always procrastinating? Procrastination.
- What do you like about your home? The roof is nice. It keeps out the rain.
- What do you love about living in your neighborhood? Um…IDK. It’s a neighborhood. I just live here.
- What do you love about your favorite TV Show? I don’t really have a favorite TV show. I don’t really have favorites of anything.
- What do you think about more than anything else? I’m trying not to think about anything these days. It keeps me from despair.
- What do you think about the most? Well, right now I’m thinking…how is this question any different than the one before it, and how it’s not, and that this is a stupid question.
- What does your name mean? It means I answer when someone says it.
- What drains your energy? What doesn’t? I haven’t had much energy at all these past few months. Hopefully, that will change as I recover from surgery.
- What dreams have you given up on as unrealistic? Having a child who doesn’t talk back.
- What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? Uh….I don’t know. I’ve never wished for another sibling. My family is already big as it is.
- What flavor of tea do you enjoy? I don’t really like tea. I pity the fool.
- What has been the hardest thing for you to face or learn? Hell, I don’t know. Even if you narrowed that question down to the last six months I couldn’t pick just one thing so much shit has been happening.
- What has required the most courage of you in your life so far? Walking away from my first marriage, methinks.
- What inspires you? I don’t know if inspired is the right term, but my children keep me motivated. Without them I don’t know what would keep me going.
- What is a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? That my first wife used suicide as a tool to keep me from leaving her. I’ve written about it at length here, but it’s not something I shared with many people in real life. For some reason, I still feel a bit of shame about the whole ordeal.
- What is an ideal first date for you? Not having one.
- What is at the top of your bucket list? Creating a bucket list.
- What is good about how you are living your life right now? So far I have not given into despair.
- What is hard about being a parent? EVERYTHING.
- What is hard about not being a parent? NOTHING. I mean, that’s probably not true, but I’ve been a parent so long I can’t remember what it was like to NOT be a parent.
- What is on the walls of the room you are in? Pictures. I am surrounded by family pictures. I love it.
- What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Coffee?
- What is one of the worse things that could happen to you? It already happened, I think.
- What is one thing that you’ve never revealed to your parents? See question 26…
- What is one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why? Move. I hate moving and have moved way too many times in my life.
- What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? How easily irritated I sometimes can be.
- What is something most people don’t know about you? Me and Vader hang out and play Texas Hold ‘Em every Saturday night.
- What is something that amazes you? How people keep defending Trump and the actions of the GOP somehow blocking witnesses to his impeachment trial.
- What is something that scares you that you would never ever try? Jumping out of a plane. Or even flying in one.
- What is something you are gifted at? Sarcasm.
- What is something you look for in a partner? A sense of humor.
- What is something you wish you were gifted at doing? Writing.
- What is something you’ve never done that you’d like to try? Winning the lottery.
- What is the best compliment you have ever received? You’re a good father.
- What is the best part of your job? There’s a lot of things I like about it. The camaraderie with those I work with. Interacting with the students (most of the time). The freedom I have to run the network as I deem best and the trust that’s been given to me to do so. The list goes on.
- What is the farthest-away place you’ve been? Bentonville, Arkansas. That was an interesting trip…
- What is the first amusement park you’ve been to? Six Flags over Georgia, I think.
- What is the first app you check when you wake up in the morning? Depends on which notification is at the top of the list.
- What is the first book you remember reading? One of the Hardy Boys novels. When I was in middle school I read a bunch of those books.
Thyroid Cancer: My Journey Thus Far
2020 Things of Thankful
Interview With a Trooper – Would You Rather Edition
Four Score (but really only two months) Ago…
Interview With a Trooper – Episode IX
Interview With a Trooper – Episode VIII
My Mother’s Shoes